Video Game Memorabilia Museum Forums

THE Best Online Community for video game merchandise and memorabilia!
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:41 pm 
Memorabilia Museum Curator

Moderators - please post deleted submissions here and a reason why. If mass deleting from a specific member, simply post the member name and the reason instead of listing each item. Make it easy on yourself.

Users - you can suggest submissions to be deleted. Provide links to either user profile pages or specific items.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am 
Browser

Favorite Game/Series: Final Fantasy
Hey Nightram,

Hate to keep you and the mods busy, but hoping you can help clean up some of the mistakes I've made over the past few weeks :DKlose: . While uploading photos, my browser constantly times out, or I get server errors, and this results in some duplications. For the most part I've been able to fix things; but wondering if you could help adjust the following whenever you guys have a chance.

1. Character Dropdown: Aerith Gainsborough got added twice during one of these time-outs. You'll notice only the top entry has photos in it, while the bottom one has nothing. Wondering if you could please remove this from the list to avoid confusion.

2. Character Dropdown: Having never played the Ratchet & Clank Future games before, I accidentally added "Scrunch" to the character list, not realizing his name is spelled Skrunch. Wondering if you could please remove "Scrunch" from the list.

3. Series Dropdown: I accidentally added Meowky to the Series dropdown instead of the Character one. I have since rectified and removed from my upload, and added it to the Character dropdown where it belongs, but wondering if someone can please go in and remove it from the Series dropdown.

4. Character Dropdown: Not really a deletion, but more of a change request. I've been uploading some of my Resident Evil collection, and noticed that the Character dropdown outlines "Leon". Wondering if this could please be adjusted to Leon Kennedy to ensure that it does not get confused with the countless other Leons out there (F-Zero, Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive, Tales of Destiny, Battle Arena Toshinden, Star Fox, Star Ocean....the list of Leons goes on).

5. Type: I'm getting close to uploading some of my clothes and apparel, but noticed some contradicting types. There is an Apparel and Accessories category which I have been using, but I've also noticed other categories labeled "Clothes" "Pants" "Shirts x 2" "Shoes" "Wallet" etc... in the primary list. Which ones should I be uploading to, and if there is some redundancy, can we look at fixing?

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I understand everyone's uber-busy, so I apologize for the extra work. :Wily:

I'm happy to help any way I can! Just let me know if there's anything I can do from my end.

Thanks! :Peace:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm 
[MOD] from 1986
[MOD] from 1986

Favorite Game/Series: Mario 3
http://videogamemm.com/main/users/coach-factory-outlet

This guy has spammed nearly all of my blog posts. Show him the wrath of the ban hammer! :BANHAMMER:

DJB1986's Horde!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:27 pm 

We're getting hit with a lot of recent spam comments and also some database entries in fakes and normal. These are especially annoying, so if you have the time, please check and see if you can help with the deleting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 pm 
General of the Plush Army

Favorite Game/Series: Super Mario Bros. 3
I've been trying to delete the database entries when I notice them. Got one from yesterday. I'll have to pay more attention to the comments and fakes section.

--SoulDreamX's HORDE Collection--

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 pm 
Mørkets Gudinne
Mørkets Gudinne

Favorite Game/Series: The Legend of Zelda
Uh, there's a lot of weird entries there right now.. :Maddk:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:24 pm 

Deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 pm 
Browser

I've been trying to delete these strange entries as well. Have gone through about 20 over the past few days; and they seem to keep appearing at all hours of the day by various users. All seems to be regarding mortgage payment options. I will continue to delete as I come across them, but Night, if you can see any commonalities between the users, it might be best to cut the source for the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 am 
Browser

Hey there,

Here's some more items I found that can be deleted from the lists if you have the time. Just heading off to work, but will have a more complete listing for you over the next week.

Thanks! :Peace:

Type:
new item (all of them)

Character Name:
Darth Malgus (the duplicate, unused one)
new item (all of them)

Series Name:
new series (all of them)

Game Association:
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers (the duplicate, unused one)
Dragon Age II (the duplicate, unused one)
God of War Chains of Olympus (the duplicate, unused one)
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (the duplicate, unused one)
Mortal Kombat 2009
new item (all of them)
Sonic Generations (the duplicate, unused one)
Super Mario 3D Land (the duplicate, unused one)

Company:
A.L.S Industries inc.
Accessory Network
Bally Midway
Dark Horse Deluxe
Neca
NECCA
new item (all of them)
Sideshow Collectables

Year:
new item (all of them)
new Year (all of them)

Release Type:
new item (all of them)

Region:
new item (all of them)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am 

Deleted them all! Thanks for your diligence!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm 
Browser

Thanks Night! :DKC:

I've gone through the remaining "Type" categories, and have allocated each item appropriately. I found a lot of redundancy in some of the categories, which I'm guessing was the result of users creating new categories without thoroughly reviewing the others. Perhaps the best course of action would be to restrict this field - as any unknown items could be placed in the Miscellaneous section. This folder could then be reviewed at annual intervals to see if any commonalities are occurring, and create a separate category accordingly. The entries in the list below can all be removed - as they no longer have items in them.

In regards to the "Apparel, Clothing, or Wearable Accessories", this may require a further discussion. Currently, this category was being used as a 'dump file', in which items of all sorts were tossed in here. Dishes, electronics, plushes, etc.. Having the secondary drop-down has helped slightly, however, the issue with introducing an un-ruled hierarchical system to a website like this, is that not all fields will be required. This results in inconsistencies, and not being able to find products appropriately (ie: a t-shirt could be filed under Apparel, Clothing or Wearable Accessories **or ** under Shirts). It was rare that it would ever be listed in "both".

What are your thoughts on this? Would removing this category all together result in better item management? Your call - just wanted to bring it to your attention.

:Peace:

Type:
action figure
Apparel, Clothing, or Wearable Accessories
Bracelet
Cans or jars
Clip-ons
Dangler
Faceplate
Felyne
Guitar Picks
Health