Video Game Memorabilia Museum Forums

THE Best Online Community for video game merchandise and memorabilia!
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm 
Serious Collector

Favorite Game/Series: Zelda, duhhh!
Im so happy I could cry. I just almost got every set that I have loathed for for the past 5 years. I found a deal locally on craigslist. It was probably the best lot that I have ever seen. I got...Cafe Corner!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!, Market Street FINALLY!!!!, Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, The old Arkham Asylum set, Indy Shanghai Chase, a bunch of 3 in one sets, and 2 tubs of around 75 pounds of Legos! There are also a bunch of other small sets. I super lucked out and all that was only 500 bucks. Man I am super pumped. When I saw it I drove 3 hours to go pick it up the next day in the morning. That completes my modulars! Man I am on cloud 9!!!!!!!

I can't do it Doc. Yes you can Mac! Just click here Mac and it will take you to Ken Tama's collection page!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:41 am 
VG Tattoo Collector [MOD]
VG Tattoo Collector [MOD]

Favorite Game/Series: The Legend of Zelda
Haul of the decade! Take pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm 
Serious Collector

this is the listing. http://clarksville.craigslist.org/tag/3449837254.html

I will def take a pic when put them together for the complete Modular Set! Might be a little bit, but Ill be sure to post.

I can't do it Doc. Yes you can Mac! Just click here Mac and it will take you to Ken Tama's collection page!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:17 am 
Serious Collector

Im sure yall have heard by now but 2 exciting announcements!

1. Its looking like a Back to the Future set is getting made via Cuusoo!

2. The new modular looks amazing! http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/8313469567/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:42 pm 
Darth Yam
Darth Yam

Awesome news indeed...made even more awesome by the fact that the royalties to the project creator/s m.togami*, Sakuretsu and "Team Back to the Future" are being deferred entirely to The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research. Class act!

Here's THE VIDEO

Furthermore, we're given a look at the three sets up for the 2012 Fall Review...NASA's MSL "Curiosity" Rover, Playing With Portals (Portal set), Star Wars Sand Crawler. I have a strong feeling that the Curiosity Rover is going to be a shoe-in. While I'd love to see any of them, it looks simple and uses nothing but existing LEGO pieces (one of the key criteria when LEGO considers these projects). Furthermore, it's a symbol of human creativity and the desire to explore, something that is synonymous with the LEGO credo. The Sand Crawler, while amazing, simply doesn't seem to fit in with the scope of the CUSSOO structure. It's an incredible accomplishment, but this would be one of those top-tier models that would be priced well around that of the Super Star Destroyer, The Millennium Falcon, and the Death Star. 3 bills easy (as a minimum). The "Playing With Portals" project is easily the second contender for the approval. It's small, it has a following, but I'm not so sure it's dynamic enough to really support LEGO's broad-appeal focus.

Furthermore, a special note on the declined Zelda project reads as follows...
LEGO CUSSOO REVIEW BOARD wrote:
...multiple new element moulds would be required to create the minifigures for such a product, and the expense of these moulds means that the Legend of Zelda project does not pass the LEGO Review on the basis of the business case.

Please note: If a project does not pass the LEGO Review please do not interpret that as an indication that we will not consider similar projects in the future.

That's basically a green-light for Zelda if anyone can produce a project using existing pieces from the LEGO universe. It shouldn't be impossible...there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of pieces to pull from. Colors can certainly be modified but, like LEGO, thinking outside of the box to adapt these pieces is the real challenge being posed here. We can still see unique paint appliques for the minifigure head molds, but I think the greatest challenge is putting together a piece that uses all of these aspects while fitting into the LEGO mold. It can be done, it's a challenge, but the wording above seems to indicate that they want this to happen and need a partner/creator who is willing to work some magic.

I have high hopes for the current project in the running, so we'll see. Fandom needs to step aside and really remove the bevy of accessories. That seems to be the biggest problem here. Everyone wants every Shield/Sword/Item in the run...that's impossible. Iconic Master Sword, Hylian Shield...that's really all we need to be looking at as "NEW" pieces. Perhaps Link's hair/hat is another, but other than that I don't see why we can't use existing pieces.

Either way, I can't wait for the DeLorean. It doesn't look like they'll produce minifigures for this set, but I'm okay with that.

Image Image Image...The Sarshelmendous HORDE of Yam...Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm 
Formerly Known as JD
Formerly Known as JD

I'm disappointed that the CUUSOO board didn't try to work with the creator of the first Zelda project. I have a hard time believing that he would be unwilling to reduce the amount of new parts or otherwise adjust his project accordingly. Seems like a lot of wasted effort and opportunity. At least there are more Zelda projects in the works... such as the one previously mentioned, and this one, which looks promising as well...

Legend of Zelda: Iron Knuckle Encounter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 pm 
Breadbug Warrior
Breadbug Warrior

Favorite Game/Series: inFAMOUS: Second Son
I'm really excited about one of the new themes, Galaxy Squad. As a huge fan of the 1998 theme Insectoids, I'm thrilled that they're releasing a similar theme. I'll only be going for the insect vehicles, so Star Slicer and Warp Stinger for now, and the Hive Crawler when it comes out in July. Here's a video of the second wave of sets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oEoVQzuyiU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:40 pm 
Formerly Known as JD
Formerly Known as JD

For all you BttF fans...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:23 pm 
Memorabilia Museum Curator

Heck yes! Flux Capacitor!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:36 pm 
Formerly Known as JD
Formerly Known as JD

Sooo... I guess they're making a Ghostbusters set as part of the CUUSOO project.

http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2014/01/30/fall-2013-review-ghostbusters/

I'm not a big fan of Ghostbusters, but I know there are others here who might be interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:25 pm 
General of the Plush Army

Favorite Game/Series: Super Mario Bros. 3
My boyfriend and I spent our 7th anniversary putting together the BttF Lego set. It was probably the best anniversary ever. (Back to the Future is also probably my favorite movie ever.)

Here's hoping the Ghostbusters set will be available by our 8th anniversary! (Ghostbusters is probably my boyfriend's favorite movie ever.)

Also, I just got the Curiosity set in the mail yesterday. Holding on to that one to give to my dad for Father's Day. ^_^

--SoulDreamX's HORDE Collection--

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm 

So exciting for the 30th anniversary! Definitely buying.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:19 pm 
Fiery Birdy Thing [MOD]
Fiery Birdy Thing [MOD]

Favorite Game/Series: Star Fox, Zelda, Yoshi
Heard about this today. Very excited. I suspect the Ecto-1 would look pretty nifty next to the Delorean. Hehehe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:28 pm 
Formerly Known as JD
Formerly Known as JD

The set looks pretty good, especially the minifigs:

Also, they're making X-men sets!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm 

I will buy anything in the GB line. Looks fantastic!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 pm 
Darth Yam
Darth Yam

Technically they've had "X-Men" sets out there. The Deadpool vs Wolverine set was pretty nice, I snagged that up pretty quick. Good to see they're expanding the set. I'd like to see an over-sized Colossus!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:21 am 
Formerly Known as JD
Formerly Known as JD

I've always thought of that set as more of a "Wolverine" set than a true X-men set. Wasn't there a similar scene in the Wolverine Origin movie? I can't remember much from that movie except that it kinda sucked (what did they do to Deadpool?). Anyway, I'm just excited to get more X-men figs (although I prefer Cyclops with hair showing and Storm in her white suit).

Speaking of movies, I saw the LEGO movie... am I the only one who kinda didn't like it? I just remember feeling annoyed by the end. Maybe it was all the screaming kids in the theater. :Etnashrug:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:54 am 
Darth Yam
Darth Yam

We all loved it here...it was fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10